Wednesday, February 24, 2021

WE LEFT THE DOCK

 We love our marina but we love being anchored out even more! We left Monday morning after saying our good-byes to everyone. The ICW south was uneventful but after the long day yesterday to Ft. Lauderdale we needed to save time and go on the outside. A normal eight hour day and eleven bridges to Key Biscayne turned into a three hour day today by going out into the Gulf. I decided not to take my anti nausea pills which was my mistake. The new stabilizers worked but my mind and stomach did not for the first hour. Lesson learned to take a half pill before heading out... you can't do it Shannon! I wanted to try and I know I can't. In the ICW the day before I captured some great sights.




I liked this place along the way because they flew many flags.


This boat above in the ICW we actually saw at Bonds Cay, The Berry's, Bahamas last May. It is so beautiful!




It rained today when we were in the Gulf Stream and the water droplets kept my mind (and stomach) at bay. 

We have taken our CoVid tests. We wait for results tomorrow and probably off to Bimini Friday. Blue waters here we come!


"you know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." --Dr. Seuss

No comments: